Severe Driving in PlacervilleMar 6th, 2019
Owner's manuals have schedules for preventive maintenance. Placerville can check on things like oil changes, transmission service and so on. They say you should change your oil after driving a certain distance or after so many months. Placerville drivers understand this very well. What they may not know is that there are actually two service schedules: the regular schedule and the severe service schedule. The distance and time intervals are lower on the severe service schedule.
Now when you hear “severe service”, you may think it doesn't apply to you because you don't feel your driving conditions are severe or extreme – it's just normal everyday driving. So let's list some of the conditions that classify as severe so that Placerville drivers can make the judgment on their own driving.
• Most trips are less than four miles (six kilometers)
• Most trips are less than nine miles/fifteen kilometers and outside Placerville temperatures are below freezing
• You drive in very hot weather in CA
• Driving at low speed most of the time around the Placerville area (under 55 mph/90 kph)
• Stop and go driving
• Operating your vehicle in dusty, polluted or muddy Placerville conditions
• You tow a trailer, regularly carry heavy loads or carry a car-top carrier
Most of us Placerville operate under severe driving conditions at least some of the time. How do we know which car maintenance schedule to follow?
Carefully think about your driving conditions and decide if you should do your preventive maintenance closer to the severe service recommendation or the regular recommendation. Of course, your friendly and knowledgeable Main Street Automotive, Inc. can help you with your decision.
Give us a call.
Main Street Automotive, Inc.
715 Main Street
Placerville, CA 95667
At Main Street Automotive, Inc. we install quality NAPA replacement parts.